Race Awareness Training
In-person or virtual Race Awareness Training for up to 25 people from just £35 per person! Choose from our 90 minutes, 2h 30 mins, or 4-hour training sessions.
Supports your employees to;
- Understand culturally appropriate language.
- Address microaggressions & implied racism.
- Confidently challenge racism & inappropriate behaviour.
- Support colleagues in the workplace.
Some of Our Clients & Partners
Race Awareness Training (Foundation) Outline:
- How to discuss race without being offensive or fear of being offensive.
- What is the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality?
- Numerical diversity vs real diversity.
- Understanding racism.
- What is racial bias?
- Cultural Appropriation
- Unconscious bias & microaggressions vs implied racism.
- What does it mean to be anti-racist?
Get A Quote
Our Foundation Race Awareness Training can be delivered face-to-face and virtually, with facilitated 90 minutes, 2 hour and 30 minute sessions and 4 hour half-day training that includes:
- Interactive workshops.
- Focus group facilitation & analysis
- Group exercises.
- Lived experience learning.
- Competition quizzes
- Open safe space discussions.
For our “Working Day 90-minute Training”, our pricing starts from £35 per person for up to 25 people for both our in-person and virtual staff training.
For our “Facilitated Discussion Training” (2 hour 30-minute), our pricing starts from £55 per person for up to 25 people for both our in-person and virtual staff training.
For our “Deep Dive Training” (4-hour half-day), our pricing starts from £75 per person for up to 25 people for both our in-person and virtual staff training.
Our “Leadership Training” pricing starts from £120 per person for both in-person and virtual training.
We are happy to deliver a number of sessions to accommodate the size of your staff team.
Note: In person delivery will also incur a £350 resource and delivery charge. The resource and delivery charge is not applicable to virtual training.
Race awareness training is designed to provide you with the knowledge on the various forms of racism that exist within our society and may exist within your organisation and teach you the skills to be proactive in addressing these issues.
If you and your team have had some basic level of race awareness training then you’d probably be interested in our Advanced Race Awareness Training which provides more in-dept training on race.
Now more than ever it is not enough to not be racist. Now is the time to be actively anti-racist. You may be unaware of the existence or impact of racism in your organisation. Not only is discrimination in the workplace unacceptable, it can also have negative impacts on your employees and your bottom line. Employees who face race-based discrimination are more likely to report having experienced:
- A negative impact on both physical and mental health.
- Decreased motivation.
- Decrease in productivity.
Employers who do not take an active approach to combating racism within their organisation may experience:
- Low retention of black and minority ethnic employees.
- Diminished mental health of minority staff.
- Loss of sales revenue and customers due to racial coverage and bad PR.
- Toxic work culture.
- High turnover in staff due to toxic racially insensitive work culture.
- Negative impact on recruitment efforts.
At Mission Diverse we believe in connecting companies with communities. Unlike some organisations, we are a non-profit company, who use the money you pay us for our training programmes, to reinvest in our Local Community Employability and Enterprise programmes.
Our employability and enterprise programmes provide education, mentoring and personal development training to people from underrepresented and disadvantaged communities. By doing this we hope to provide those from underrepresented communities with the necessary skills and knowledge to enter entrepreneurship and the workplace (…or maybe come and work in your company!).
Foundation Race Awareness Training Learning Outcomes:
- Discussion techniques on how NOT to be fearful, worried, or offended when discussing race.
- Understanding race in the workplace.
- Understanding what it means to be racial inclusive.
- Discussing race in a safe space.
- Understanding racial microaggression.
- Understanding individual, structural & institutional racism.
- Creating greater positive action.
Foundation Race Awareness Training
More Conversation. Less Confrontation.
Our Foundation Race Awareness Training is all about creating a learning and informative space where people of all colours and ethnicities can discuss race without feeling overwhelmed, unheard, or devalued.
Our discussion and experience-led training approach creates free flowing conversations between your employees to facilitate, engage and inform you and your team.
Create Change With
Race Awareness Training & Support
Our Foundation Race Awareness Training programme takes a discussion and experience-led based approach to training to create an interactive and engaging level of support. We help you and your organisation understand, address, and engage employees about racial inclusivity and diversity.
Suitable for individuals and organisations of all sectors that are at the start of their journey to improving their understanding and want for greater racial inclusivity in the workplace.